Friday, February 12, 2010

We made it!!

 We left around 8:30 Thursday morning,
and touched down in Budapest about 10 Friday morning.

After 13 hours of flying, and sailing through
8 different time zones we lost a whole day but,
WE MADE IT!!

We never took any cute "waiting-at-the-airport" pictures
because, well, you will see. :)

Flight #1 - Salt Lake to Georgia
We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare and
sat around waiting for our journey to begin.

Guess who else went with us to Georgia?!
He sure is tall..
We were all too chicken to get an autograph though.

This leg of the journey was about 3 hours.
Pretty easy to start off the day.

Flight #2 - Georgia to Paris
We got to this airport as we were supposed to be
boarding the flight.  No time for a picture.

No one famous went with us to Paris, at least, no one
we saw.

This flight was a little over 8 hours!!
Holy moley, it was rough. 

Fight #3 - Paris to Budapest
We got to this airport, walked through security,
then walked on to the bus to get to the cute tiny Hungarian plane.
So much for spending 2 hours in Paris...

This flight, luckily, was only about 2 hours.
I am not 100% sure about the length because as
soon as I sat down I fell asleep.

I woke up once to get my free sandwich, then back
to my nap.

I was so excited to be at a window seat and be able to
check out all of Hungary as we flew in.
As you can tell by the lack of pictures, it didn't happen.
There was fog every where and we couldn't see a thing
until we touched the ground.

Now, I have no ties to this beautiful country
but I nearly shed a tear when our plane touched the ground.
I don't know if it was because I was so happy to not be flying
anymore or just the magic of this place...

Either way I am sure there are many exciting things to come
so I will be sure to keep my camera at the ready and fill
you in on all the awesome stories!!

Majd beszelunk!

3 comments:

the meg said...

Oh I am so excited for pictures. Hurry up already!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you got there safely. Have tons of fun!

King Family said...

I am so glad you made it safe and sound, I know the feeling about shedding a tear after a long flight, and I am sure Galen is at least thanking his lucky stars you are taking your child with you, I don't think he could handle another trip with a weepy mom!!! Can't wait for some pictures, have an incredible time and savor every moment!!! Love ya!