Sunday, February 21, 2010

Walking in the fog.

Well, we sure haven't done much walking over here.
My poor pants can attest to that.

It doesn't help that I'm short...  But these were almost new when we got here!

The last 4 days of our journey we hung out in
Budapest.  The day we got here we dropped our car off
at Hertz and have been on our feet ever since.

Not that I'm complaining.  I love walking!
It is such a great way to see the town and all the
sites. 

Although seeing the town has been a little hard
with all the fog there is over here.
 
This was heading up to Gellert Hill.
*Quick funny story: There was an old man who kicked our trash getting to the top of this big hill..
             Even though he kept stopping for smoking breaks.  That sure made me feel out of shape...

This is St. Stephens Basilica.  Huge.

 Logan and I on the Chain Bridge.
You can't even see the middle of the bridge let alone all the way to the Pest side.

This is Parliment.

 There is always a part of it that is closed to clean the
smog build up off the outside.

You can see the difference from the clean part and 
the black part.
Makes me almost miss the Salt Lake inversion.  At least our buildings don't turn black.

As you can see it is very foggy over here.
It amazes me how it can still be so beautiful!!

Well, by the time this post goes out we will be on a plane
heading from Amsterdam to Minnesota, then on to home!!
Don't worry I have a few more pics to put up so if you aren't
sick of my Hungary posts yet, there is still time. :)

Can't wait to see my bed!!  Oh yea, and all of you!!

1 comment:

liesel said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! oh, and I have some amish friendship bread starter for you if you want it. (new batch, I did it again)