Thursday, May 20, 2010

Courage



This has been hard.

Driving home last Tuesday with an empty car seat
strapped in the back was the hardest thing I have ever
had to do.

Being told I could take my baby home one day, then
the next day being told it would be later, then later, was
heartbreaking again and again.


So many wonderful, loving, supportive people tried
to tell me "things could be worse," or "it's only a short time."


I had a really, really hard time allowing these words to comfort me.
I knew we were so blessed to not have things much, much worse -
but I didn't have my baby and I was miserable.

Then my knight in shining armor read me something I really
needed to hear:

7. My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be
but a small moment;  8. And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee
on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.  9. Thy friends do stand by thee,
and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.  (D&C 121: 7-9)


 This is love.

Yeah, this whole experience has sucked.  I would never wish
it on anyone.  But, I have grown so much these past two weeks.

I have never cried so much.
I have never fallen on my knees so many times.
I have never pleaded and begged so hard.

and in the end

I have never felt so much comfort, peace, love, and courage.


Thank you all for your love, prayers, and words of encouragement.

I thought we would never make it through all of this, but
tomorrow is the big day!

9 hours and counting!!

8 comments:

the meg said...

I'm so happy for you three! Let me know when you are all settled and I'll come snap a few pictures (or a 100).
Sending lots of love! <3

Tanya said...

Totally made me teary. We all have our own struggles and none of them are easy. I'm so glad she's home with you now! :)
Those are my favorite scriptures too.

The Trimble's said...

You rock girl! I cried like a baby when I read this post. I totally wanna see the lil squirt when you feel like visitors!

dawnkp said...

You have an awesome husband Cas. This post made me cry. Can you imagine what a good daddy he will be to that precious little girl?

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

I had the same thought as Dawn! Logan is AWESOME! I totally bawled thinking about leaving Parker in the hospital and then I thought about our empty baby car seat that may or may not be used again. I am a mess! Sorry! So glad Bridget is home and I still want to come see her cute room! Hope you guys are doing well!

Cassie said...

We are up for visitors when ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww Cassie, why did you have to post such a beautiful. courageous blog, I am here crying. I am so glad that you finally have your precious baby home with you. The Lord has blessed your little family, and you have grown so much through this experience.
Love you Cassie....